[sgroup] Roland Sample hi-hat problem

myrios at aol.com myrios at aol.com
Fri Jun 25 01:39:37 EDT 2010

I have both the Roland Library Sampler (the sample CD that has a variety of examples from the Library) as well as the Drums and Cymbals CD.  I've been trying to use the analog drum samples (Tr-606, etc.) and on all of them I have the same problem with the hi-hat samples acting wierd: the sound seems to pan left/right randomly, and sometime drops out completely or with very low volume/velocity.  I checked the pan settings and they are set to center.  Is there some deeper parameter that makes it do this intentionally?  I want a pure, clean centered hi-hat (this happens on both open and closed..

-jeff (myrios)