[sgroup] Re: Welcome to the "sgroup" mailing list

Garth Hjelte garth at chickensys.com
Wed Nov 28 09:26:58 EST 2012

At 07:18 AM 11/28/2012, you wrote:

>Hello, I am trying to see if I can find a solution to converting my Roland S-760 SCSI to either USB or Firewire so I can connect a drive.

That's like equipping a rickshaw with a turbojet to get it to go faster. =)

SCSI Drives are plentiful, just get one of those. Plenty on eBay, they go cheap.

If you wanted to connect your drive to a computer, may I recommend using ZipDrives, you can use a SCSI ZipDrive for your S-760 and a USB ZipDrive for your computer. Try a 250mb one, that may save you some hassle.

There are CF Card options, but I'm not too up on that and YMMV, "SCSI" card readers and the cards themselves often have compatibility issues. Once you get the right ones, though, you're in the clear, if you can find them. Stock is often an issue.

Garth Hjelte
Sampler User