[sgroup] USB-SCSI

Garth Hjelte garth at chickensys.com
Wed Nov 28 14:23:06 EST 2012

At 12:58 PM 11/28/2012, you wrote:

>Thanks for that info.  It's disappointing...

Why though? I suppose you are thinking that it gives you access to all types of USB drive methods (SSD, large capacity, etc.) but it's doubtful the S-760 would even recognize such devices. The thought that a SCSI->USB would provide interference between the two is asking a lot.

The S-760 remains in the "other" millennium. =)

>I have a micropolis drive model 3243AV, (inside an enclosure) and it seems to be having some problems. Do I need to replace this internal drive with the exact same drive or do I have options that you know of?

It doesn't have to be the same. Find a fixed SCSI drive on eBay, stay within 4GB or so, taht way you can be fairly sure you aren't getting "beyond" the S-760. Then just replace the drive.

Garth Hjelte
Sampler User