[sgroup] USB-SCSI

Randy Hoffman rhoffman55 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 28 17:53:32 EST 2012

Also,  even if you could make this connection, what would you feed the S-760.  Nothing special.  It only likes Roland CD-ROMs.  You would have to "build" a volume on a PC, or, convert another CD from say Kurzweil in "Translator" but you would wind up with the same "Steinway D" sample from "East West".

I have a XV-5080, two S760 and Kurzweil 2500 on the same SCSI bus going into a rack box that holds 1 CDrom and 2 Hard drives, no problems.  The XV-5080 will take the S-760 library (whick the Fantom doesn't) and wave files.

I've never seen the need to change from SCSI.  It's still a fast bus, not a rickshaw.

Randy Hoffman